The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here's a Good Idea..I think!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colbylee12

Here's a Good Idea..I think! Empty
PostSubject: Here's a Good Idea..I think!   Here's a Good Idea..I think! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:19 am

I think one of the many local breweries should make a themed brew named after the Jazz or one of the Jazz greats ex. Stockton (would be my first choice), Karl Malone, Horny, or even the Bear. I think a local brewery should do this a seasonal during the Jazz season, and hopefully sale it at the Jazz games, and at local bars make it a discounted beer during Jazz games. Just a thought..I think it would be a great idea for the breweries to include a local subject matter into their beer rather than the wilderness or a political message.

Cheers.

Colby Lee
Back to top Go down
RedRockBrewingCompany

RedRockBrewingCompany

Here's a Good Idea..I think! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's a Good Idea..I think!   Here's a Good Idea..I think! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Love the idea, Colby!

But the reality of it becomes trying to license the name and still keep the beer affordable. If you leverage the Jazz name, you have to get NBA approval. Which becomes a big issue. Utilizing the name of a Jazz great like Stockton ends up dealing with trying to find a figure that everyone would be happy with.

Not sure there's a way to make it work. But I'll put some brain cells behind it.
Back to top Go down
http://redrockbrewing.com

Here's a Good Idea..I think!
Page 1 of 1