The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Brussels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
douglas88

Hello from Brussels  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 am

Yeah, Utah beer blog guys and gals I'm in the land of beer! I thought I'd mention a few cool things. I've proven that you can drink huge amounts of lambic all day long! It's amazing that you can get a nice Gueuze at most good places here. Yesterday I was at a really nice bar specializing in lambics and who do I meet and end up drinking with but Greg Koch from Stone Brewing! He was awesome. Stone is thinking about opening a brewery in Europe and he was checking stuff out. I ended up with some crazy Danes drinking all these old unlabeled sour ales and lambic experiments. Then they bring out a rarity here- a Yeti Imperial Stout! It was so funny all these guys loving the Yeti. The grass is always greener I guess. Makes me proud of American craft beer.
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:30 am

That's awesome Douglas. I'm positively green with envy. Planning any brewery tours?
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

That's hillarious that you ran into Koch. Did you say, "if you can afford to build s brewery in Brussels you can find a way to ship beer to Utah"?

Keep sending updates, Dougie!
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
douglas88

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:19 pm

OK, so I'm in Brussels for work and it's basically beer week . Tonight I met Charlie Papazian and had a beer with him. He was cool as hell. I was with Jean Van Roy the brewer from Cantillion and had lambics out of wooden cobweb covered casks. Had more beer with Greg Koch. Met the two Beer Advocate brothers and had a beer with Jason and Todd both. WTF!
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:13 pm

You planned this whole thing, didn't cha?!
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 am

Wow Douglas! Sounds like I need to change my line of work.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Doug, I was looking at your ratings over the last couple of days.... are you sure you got any work done? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
douglas88

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:11 am

It was the weekend Mikey! A man has gotta live right. BTW I am addicted to lambic. Lindemans will not due.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Brussels    Hello from Brussels  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Brussels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Utah Beer Forum :: Festivals & Events :: Festivals & Events-
Jump to: