The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good finds in the state liquor store

Go down 
+5
kent
rickyhansing
douglas88
Mikey
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas

Dallas

Good finds in the state liquor store Empty
PostSubject: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:33 am

I do a lot of driving around the Wasatch Front, and with some luck I will stumble onto a good beer find at the local liquor store. I have decided to share with my fellow beer enthusiasts. Today (6-24-10) store 41, 1563 South 300 West SLC, had Thiriez Blonde Farmhouse Ale for just under $10 a bottle. Last week up in Park City, 1550 Snow Creek Dr, I came across Fantome Saison for about $12 a bottle. I will keep posting when I come across anything that may be of interest. If anyone else finds something good, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:14 am

Dallas wrote:
I do a lot of driving around the Wasatch Front, and with some luck I will stumble onto a good beer find at the local liquor store. I have decided to share with my fellow beer enthusiasts. Today (6-24-10) store 41, 1563 South 300 West SLC, had Thiriez Blonde Farmhouse Ale for just under $10 a bottle. Last week up in Park City, 1550 Snow Creek Dr, I came across Fantome Saison for about $12 a bottle. I will keep posting when I come across anything that may be of interest. If anyone else finds something good, please let me know.

Dallas, your a God. Thanks for having our collective backs!
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
douglas88

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 am

Nice finds. The new IPA from MacTarnahans, Summer Grifter is in the Foothill store.
Back to top Go down
rickyhansing

rickyhansing

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks Dallas!

I'll try to make it to the 15th and 3rd store this week, Park City isn't in the cards right now. Since your name is Dallas and you're talking about Saisons, are you the Dallas I know?

---Ricky Hansing
Back to top Go down
http://foxdragonkiwi@blogspot.com
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Yes Ricky, this is the Dallas that you know...Bonnie says HI. The Foothill store tends to be a good store for beer, thanks for the heads up on the IPA Douglas88.
Back to top Go down
rickyhansing

rickyhansing

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Tell Bonnie Hi back. So, when are you going to get together and brew something. We shook on it last year at the Brew-off. I'm always up for it. So, are you entering again this year?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Yesterday I stopped by the Park City store and they had 15 Fantomes on the shelf, they also had Samuel Adams Noble Pilsener, so I picked up a six pack of that. I am drinking a Summer Grifter right now. Thanks again for the recommend Douglas. Ricky, if you want I can pick up some of the Fantomes for you the next time I am up that way? They come to $13 after the state has added their share. I brew several times a month, usually Sundays. Give me a call anytime you are down for brewing.
Back to top Go down
douglas88

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Dallas wrote:
Yesterday I stopped by the Park City store and they had 15 Fantomes on the shelf, they also had Samuel Adams Noble Pilsener, so I picked up a six pack of that. I am drinking a Summer Grifter right now. Thanks again for the recommend Douglas. Ricky, if you want I can pick up some of the Fantomes for you the next time I am up that way? They come to $13 after the state has added their share. I brew several times a month, usually Sundays. Give me a call anytime you are down for brewing.

Could you list which Fantomes are there?
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:31 pm

I'd heard it was the saison. I might have to make a trip this weekend. I'm dying for my Fantome fix.
Back to top Go down
rickyhansing

rickyhansing

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks Dallas,

I'll pick some up for myself, thanks for the offer though. It'll give me an excuse to drive up to park city, I have been needing an excuse for some time now. Quinn and I typically brew every other Sunday ourselves, so we should call each other the next time we all brew and we can make an event out of it. For as often and we both brew I am surprised we never run into each other at the Beer Nut. Anyway, I'll talk to you later, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Yes-it is the Fantome Saison. They also have Deschutes Jubel 2010, which I forgot to mention in my last post.
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

Which Park City store is this? DABC's site lists 4 PC stores.
http://abc.utah.gov/Stores/prk_store_locate.html
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Store 38, Snowcreek Dr.
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 am

Dallas wrote:
Store 38, Snowcreek Dr.

Thanks Dallas. I'll try hitting this place Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:42 am

I stopped by store 38 on Snowcreek Dr. in Park City today(3-17-11), and they had the Black IPA, Scotch Ale, and Triple from Moab. They also had 2010 Abyss and Dissident both from Deschutes.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am

2010 Abyss? good to know there's still some floating around out there. Thanks Dal!
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 am

Stopped by the 90th South store today and they had Deschucte's Stoic, Deschute's Fresh Hop Mirror Pond, and Firestone Walker Double Jack. I saw Stoic in Park City as well.

Dallas
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Douglas says he saw Stoic also at the third east wine store. I found some bottles of Double Jack at the 300 w. Wine Store.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Firestone Walker Anniversary XV is available at the 3rd west and 3rd east stores running $20 for a 22 oz bottle in a box. Very limited amount came into the state so they wont last long.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Dal, I could kiss you!!! Thanks so much for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Dallas wrote:
Firestone Walker Anniversary XV is available at the 3rd west and 3rd east stores running $20 for a 22 oz bottle in a box. Very limited amount came into the state so they wont last long.

Just picked up two and there were three more on the shelf at the 3rd west wine store.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:33 pm

The 3rd West store has Lagunitas IPA and Little Sumpin' Sumpin' -- while supplies last. I don't remember ever seeing Lagunitas at retail in town before, so I thought a few of you might be interested...
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Awesome thanks Ed!
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks, Ed! I think we might be seeing more Lagunitas popping-up in liquor stores. I understand their Reps have been spending a lot of time in town with Carlson Distributing.
Back to top Go down
beerbelly42

beerbelly42

PostSubject: Full Sail Berlinerweiss   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Just a headsup I found a Full Sail Berlinerweiss at the 3rd west Liquor and Wine store. Never seen this one before. If anyone has had it before let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good finds in the state liquor store   Good finds in the state liquor store Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good finds in the state liquor store
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next