The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Empty
PostSubject: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 am

There will be free glass beer bottles to take home with you after the fest, just visit the SLC Brew Supplies booth at the festival to sign up. Bottles will be set aside for those who signed up and available to pick up after 5 at the designated area.

I believe these will be spent bottles that were brought by the breweries. Sounds like a great idea, keeps you in bottles and keeps them out of the landfills. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am

Genius idea. See you all there... jocolor
Back to top Go down
JRL

JRL

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Very nice, who is going to be at the festival? I am volunteering in the am but will be drinking after that, close to three i believe.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 am

Got my ticket. Where are you volunteering?
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 am

JRL wrote:
Very nice, who is going to be at the festival? I am volunteering in the am but will be drinking after that, close to three i believe.

See you there!
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
JRL

JRL

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 am

Ed wrote:
Got my ticket. Where are you volunteering?

I will be at Will Call helping out.
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 am

I'll be there about 3 or 3:30. With Donovan pouring the Octoberfest I'll likely be at that tent most of the time. Wink
Back to top Go down
rickyhansing

rickyhansing

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:10 am

I was there, I saw Bonnie and Dallas but not another soul. I did get there a little later than last year also, around 4pm or so. I must say, I enjoyed this year a bit more. Everyone, give me your full critique.

---Ricky
Back to top Go down
http://foxdragonkiwi@blogspot.com
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Had a great time Ricky. I too got there later, around 3:30. I can't believe I didn't see you. I saw Mikey and Mrs. Mikey, Dallas, Bonnie, Ed and Ed.

I waited in one long line (Uinta) but after that never waited more than a couple minutes. Hell I made two back to back trips through Hoppers for the Stein Knocker. Wonderful by the way.

I love the option of getting a full pour for more tickets. From my point of view it ran much smoother than last year. I think in large part to having the tents split up a bit. Even at that it was impossible to tell which of the three separate Uinta lines you were in from the back. Pours seemed to be going a little bit slow. Not sure if it was just a shortage of tent staff or what.

There seemed to be fewer loud mouths this year than last, could be that they left before I got there.

All in all big thumbs up from me. I'll do it again next year.
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Had a lot of fun. Definitely and improvement over last year's; this one felt more like the Gallivan Center festivals used to. Which did get busy... but not unmanageably so.

Not saying the thing went off perfectly... But honestly, most of the "OUTRAGE!" over the $3 per glass of craft beer "ripoff" (really?), and having to stand in line acting like a jackass instead of standing somewhere else acting like a jackass sounds a little silly. People just like to hear themselves bitch, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!    Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Utah Beerfest Bottles for You!
Page 1 of 1