The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A full pint left

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catch-22

catch-22

A full pint left Empty
PostSubject: A full pint left   A full pint left Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 am

I stopped in last night after baseball practice to rehydrate. Saddled up to the bar and ordered a pale ale. Now mind you, I ordered a pale ale and they brought me their IPA. No biggie, I was looking for something a little less crystal rich but I was thirsty and it was beer. The bar maid gave me the beer and asked me to pay. I was interested in running a tab and watching the Rockies but she said I would have to give her my credit card to hold ......so.....that is not going to happen. I went ahead and paid with cash.

Now to the beer...
The aroma was odd, metallic. No notable hop aroma with slight diacytl. I took my first sip and it went right back into the glass. Cloyingly sweet and overwhelming fusol alcohols. I wanted to try a different one but the barmaid had vanished outside to have a smoke. (Maybe that is why she wanted me to pay up). I left a tip, a full pint and walked out.

Now, I don't want to seem like a beer snob but I'm sure all of you have been in a similar situation. Being that Tooele doesn't have a lot in the area of entertainment or simply a gathering area, I was excited years back when Tracks opened. I know they have a new brewer and perhaps he is in the learning phase still but brewers should know what is good and what is not. Their beer is not good in my opinion.

I went home, turned on the TV and poured myself a glass of my Schwarzbier. Now that is a tasty brew.

Troy Faircloth
Back to top Go down
douglas88

A full pint left Empty
PostSubject: Re: A full pint left   A full pint left Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh Tracks! affraid
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

A full pint left Empty
PostSubject: Re: A full pint left   A full pint left Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 pm

I've had sense for a while that the majority of the community out there doesn't really care about the beer brewed there. Unless they get a vocal majority to complain about the low quality, they'll continue to serve crap.

We need to get some of the beer community together, storm the place with pitchforks and demand stricter quality control. Mad
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

A full pint left Empty
PostSubject: Re: A full pint left   A full pint left Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A full pint left
Page 1 of 1