The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Full strength on tap?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tosylate

Tosylate

Full strength on tap? Empty
PostSubject: Full strength on tap?   Full strength on tap? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Looks like we came pretty close at one point...

This is an article from March '09 saying that a bill passed in the House allowing full strength on tap. I'm assuming the Senate shut it down? Looks like it passed by a huge margin (58-2 without debate). Does anyone have more information on this?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5749109
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Full strength on tap?   Full strength on tap? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:33 pm

I remember hearing about this. It sounded pretty promising at the time. I don't remember how it died unless it was just a lack of time at the end of the session thing.

The few things I've heard about the upcoming legislative sessions hint that they won't be touching liquor laws this year. That was quite a while ago that I recall hearing that so who knows where it might be headed now.
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Full strength on tap?   Full strength on tap? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Kent is right it died because time ran out in the session. Unofficially, it died because Sen. Whaddups pushed it back to the end of the calendar where he knew that it would never make it in time for a vote. Rep. Curtis Oda who originally sponsored the bill said, he'd do it again when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full strength on tap?   Full strength on tap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full strength on tap?
Page 1 of 1