The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World Beer Cup Winners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

World Beer Cup Winners Empty
PostSubject: World Beer Cup Winners   World Beer Cup Winners Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:46 am

Polygamy Porter won a Gold Medal in Session Beer category
Squatters Black Forest Swartzbier also won a Gold in the Shwartzbier category.
Cutthroat Pale Ale won a Bronze in the Ordinary Bitters category.

I often drink Cutthroat and the Black Forest when it's on the seasonal tap. But to be honest I havn't had a Polygamy Porter in a while. I guess it's time to revisit it.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: World Beer Cup Winners   World Beer Cup Winners Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:16 am

Congratulations to both Squatters and UBC! Awesome job.

I'm ashamed to say I've never tried the Black Forest, but I try and keep a supply of Cutthroat on supply at home. It's the best "post lawn mowing beer" I've found. Picked up some Polygamy porter a couple weeks ago and it was damn tasty.
Back to top Go down
Losati

Losati

PostSubject: Re: World Beer Cup Winners   World Beer Cup Winners Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

In my opinion Cutthroat is one of the best regular beers on tap from this state. And I love the fact that it's almost everywhere, so even when I'm stuck at a place with few choices Cutthroat is almost always around. If I had a lawn to mow, it would likely be my lawnmower beer.

I haven't had a polygamy porter is a very long time as well. Not bad or anything, but not one of my favorites. I like King's Peak for a session-type beer, though. Don't drink it too often, but I find it nice. Two wins for Uinta from me, I suppose.

Black Forest is very good. I'm a fan. Sweet that it won.

Congrats Utah winners!
Back to top Go down
JonLee

JonLee

PostSubject: Re: World Beer Cup Winners   World Beer Cup Winners Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks for the congratulations guys.
It's getting tougher and tougher every year in any competition to bring home a medal but the brewers in Utah always seem to manage!

The awards banquet this year was simply massive in scope and really a great event to be at. The Brewers association did another great job!

-Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.utahbeers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Beer Cup Winners   World Beer Cup Winners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Beer Cup Winners
Page 1 of 1