The Utah Beer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikey
Admin
Mikey

Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Empty
PostSubject: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:06 am

I'm sure many of you have noticed by now the Beehive brew-off has moved . up one week (August 18-19) to accommodate the Utah Beer Festival. Shouldn't change anything as far as entries are concerned. Entries are still accepted August 1-15.

Anyone got something special planned to knock Dallas of his horse?
Back to top Go down
https://utahbeer.forumotion.com
beerbelly42

beerbelly42

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Im planning on my usual 10 entries. Whether or not they can top Dallas scratch I doubt it.

Good Luck to everyone entering. This is always an awesome event thanks to the Beernut, the Bayou and ZZHops!!
Back to top Go down
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 am

Well I've started to assemble my entries. So far I've got a Marzen, an APA, and the Flanders Red is finally ready.
Back to top Go down
microbusbrewery

microbusbrewery

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:31 pm

kent wrote:
Well I've started to assemble my entries. So far I've got a Marzen, an APA, and the Flanders Red is finally ready.

Nice! My Flanders is about nine months old. Tastes great but I think I'm going to let it go at least a year before I enter it. Good luck everyone
Back to top Go down
http://www.microbusbrewery.org/
kent

kent

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 am

microbusbrewery wrote:
Nice! My Flanders is about nine months old. Tastes great but I think I'm going to let it go at least a year before I enter it. Good luck everyone

Very cool. I let mine go about 20 months, hoping it would really sour up. It's nicely balanced but never did quite as sour as I'd like. Good luck to you as well.
Back to top Go down
microbusbrewery

microbusbrewery

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:04 pm

kent wrote:
Very cool. I let mine go about 20 months, hoping it would really sour up. It's nicely balanced but never did quite as sour as I'd like. Good luck to you as well.

I dig real sharp sours. The one I brewed back in October 2011 is sharply sour. The one from April 2012 is mildly sour...hopefully it gets more like the October version. The Roeselare blend used in the April version was a little old (6 months) compared to the October version. I'm wondering if some of the yeast/bugs attacked some of the other yeast/bugs because it started much more slowly than the October version. On a side note, my wife found tart pie cherries at the Farmer's Market last Saturday (I think she went to the one in Murray). I'm tempted to throw them in the April version but it's still a bit young to be adding fruit.

Anyway back to the brew-off, I dropped of eight entries over the weekend: two saisons, special bitter, robust porter, milk stout, pumpkin ale, IPA, and an American Brown. I didn't enter any the first year (travel plans got in the way). The second year I entered one. Last year I had three. At this pace I should be entering 20-ish brews next year. Good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.microbusbrewery.org/
edmanster

edmanster

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:31 am

taking mine in today.. im cuttin it close for sure and kind of pushing my citra iipa only being a little over a month from grain to glass.. i can say its a nice slap and not a punch in the face citra like i was hoping for Very Happy

wondering if people are doing trades after the awards on sunday? i missed last year and hope to make it this sunday so i can do sum exchanges maybe cheers
Back to top Go down
beerbelly42

beerbelly42

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:01 pm

WOW! 593 entries that's awesome. I am happy to see this competition growing each year.

I would be up for swapping beers afterwords. I will see what I have left in bottles.

Good luck to everyone that entered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off    Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change of Date for the 2012 Beehive Brew-off
Page 1 of 1